Quick Tips for Truck Drivers in Automation
- Verify the container number and chassis size on your EIR (ticket) before entering the automation area.
- Do not use cell phones or other obstructive devices while backing in, the lanes are very tight and your attention is needed.
- Back up all the way to the bumper block.
- Check your pins before walking out of the lane.
- Wait for the GREEN light before going back to your truck after delivery. DO NOT enter with a RED light, this will shut off the machine and cause other drivers longer delays.
Infractions that are not tolerated and will result in “trucker ban status” in our system
- Breaking the light curtain.
- Driving around the yard with landing gear down (landing gear is to be put down at the chassis pits only).
- Bringing in damaged equipment and not notifying management at the trouble booth.
- Dropping empty returns on wheels when the EIR ticket states differently (there are instances when we will divert empties to wheels, in these cases we will sign the EIR.)